AMBASSADOR - Role of
The Role of Ambassador for Donate A Dollar A Week Inc.
(Note: This is a part-time, voluntary, un-paid role. Your reward is in the satisfaction of making a contribution and helping those in need!)
Donate A $ A Week Inc. is a micro charity whose aim is to gather 1000 donors, each of whom contribute a minimum of $1.00 pw ($4.33 p/cm).
100% of all donor donations go to charity – a different cause every month. Regulatory and administration costs are met by sponsorship donations.
Following is the “Purpose” of DA$AW as prescribed in the Rules of Association.
1.The Purpose of DA$AW Inc. (The Association)
(1) The Association is established for the public charitable purposes of providing relief
community causes including but not limited to poverty, misfortune, disability, suffering,
helplessness, disease and illness in Australia and overseas.
(2) To achieve its principal purposes the Association may, without limitation:
a) Raise funds or encourage contributions by way of gifts, including recurring
donations, and providing these funds and/or gifts to eligible entities who provide
relief to such causes;
b) Provide information about and raise awareness of the causes and/or charities
supported by the Association; and
c) Carry out programs and public events to raise funds to provide relief to those in need.
2. As a DA$AW ambassador you will be required to:
- Understand, accept and support the aims, objectives, philosophy and direction of the Association
- Contribute ideas for the further development of policies and strategies to implement the ‘Purpose of DA$AW Inc.'
- Be part of a philantrophic team endeavouring to help those less fortunate
- Promote the aims & objectives of DA$AW wherever possible
- Contribute your skills and experience to our Marketing, Recruitment – both donors & sponsors, and Events – development & management initiatives.
- be a donor to DA$AW – a minimum of just $1.00 pw (Ideally, you will also be a Member of DA$AW - $52pa)
- Abide by DA$AW Codes of Conduct & Ethics and always represent DA$AW in a professional and ethical manner.
- A prospective Ambassador must be endorsed by at least two sitting Board members
- Any newly appointed Ambassador will be on probation for the first 6 months of their tenure.
- During the probationary period as an Ambassador a Police Check will be required.
- Be mindful of public safety and the potential of both public & personal risk of all activities relating to any DA$AW initiatives with which you may be involved, with an emphasis on complying with the Commonwealth Work Health & Safety Act & Regulations and the Victorian OH&S Act 2004 & Regulations 2017.
- Undertake duty of care assessments of any activity (whether actual or proposed) to be undertaken on behalf of DA$AW Inc.
- Be mindful of all communication activities, whether verbal or written. In this respect have an awareness of the provisions of the Commonwealth Equal Opportunity Act 2014 and the Victorian Equal Opportunity Act 2010.
- To report all DA$AW related activities, to the Charity Manager
3. As an Ambassadors you will ideally also:
- be a Member of DA$AW Inc. – Just $52 pa.
- Inspire people and organisations (your family, friends, colleagues and online networks) to support the aims & objectives of DA$AW by becoming donors and possibly Members.
- Have good connections and the self-confidence to reach out and arrange your own talks on the charity and work/goals of DA$AW, to community groups and provide DA$AW with feedback.
- Getting people involved in fundraising appeals or encouraging your contacts to take part in events. Examples may be arranging an event such as a dinner or a walk/run etc; for DA$AW.
4. Who might be attracted to this role?
You may be attracted to this role if you:
- are looking for a flexible volunteering role
- have an empathy with the aims & objectives of DA$AW and would like to share its story
- would like to get involved with a variety of tasks supported by the DA$AW Board of Directors.
- have public speaking skills. (although not essential)
- enjoy fundraising and would like to connect with like-minded people.
5.What DA$AW offers in return
We are committed to supporting our Ambassador’s, Board members, Donors, Sponsors, Members & Volunteers and offer the following:
- a monthly e-newsletter on what’s happening and presenting ways to get involved
- the opportunity to dialogue with other like-minded individuals
- regular updates about DA$AW and the difference you are making
- reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses. (as long as they are authorised beforehand)
See our website & Facebook page to find out more about DA$AW Inc.
To register your interest please Email us at email@example.com.
For further information please telephone the writer on 0409 184 917
Thank you for your interest