CODE OF CONDUCT
CODE of CONDUCT
Donate-A-$-A-Week Inc; (The Association) has a mission to provide help to those in need. In delivering our services our Board of Management and volunteers work with each other and the public at large. The following Code of Conduct (“the Code”) is designed to allow the Association to employ integrity and credibility with the public and within the Association. This Code applies to all members, associate members, ambassador’s, volunteers and any third party service providers.
1. Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, health status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
2. Promote the mission and objectives of DA$AW Inc; in all dealings with the public on behalf of the Association and within the Association.
3. Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside the Association.
4. Act with honesty and integrity and in accordance with any professional standards and / or governing laws and legislation that have application to the responsibilities you perform for or on behalf of DA$AW Inc.
5. Comply with both the letter and the spirit of the aims & objectives of DA$AW Inc.
6. Adhere to the rules, policies and procedures of DA$AW Inc. and support the decisions and directions of the Board and its delegated authority.
7. Take responsibility for your actions and decisions.
8. Conflict of interest: A conflict of interest arises when a person participates in a decision about a matter which may benefit or be seen to benefit that person because of his/her direct or indirect monetary or financial interests affected by or involved in that matter.
It is the duty of any person taking part in the operations of DA$AW Inc; to adhere to the Conflict of Interest Policy at all times. In the event that such a matter arises, the person shall formally disclose the interest, refrain from attempting to persuade or influence other persons participating in the decision, and shall not cast any vote on the matter.
9. Confidentiality: Respect and maintain the confidentiality of information gained as a volunteer and including, but not limited to, all computer software and files, the DA$AW Inc; business documents and printouts, and all volunteer, membership, donor and supporter records.
10. Respect and maintain the confidentiality of individual personal information about all persons irrespective of their personal circumstances, beliefs etc.